Friday, April 15, 2011

Villanueva del Rosario hoy - 23°c Despejado

Villanueva del Rosario,Andalusia


I have just got back home and really there is nothing like home. I have opened the front door so the scent from the Jasmine wafts into the house.

I went to Torremolinos on the coast first and the weather was not as nice as here. I parked in the center of the town and went to the optician´s first. They are going to see if they can repair my unbreakable titanium spectacles under guarantee. I told the to repair them anyway even if they were not covered so hopefully I will be able to collect when I have my appointment with the oncologist which has not been changed from May 9 to May 11. I had planned to have a coffee at a friends bar/restaurant La Cacerola in the center of Torremolinos. Tim was there when I went to the optician but not when I returned so I went into Mercadona and did a relatively big shop.

I decided not to got to IKEA - well no company!  If and when there is company I expect she will like to go there. I drove past IKEA and went to Carrefour (Málaga) and ordered two more watch straps as Ramon Nadal sponsored Timeforce do not last 2 years on the model that I have - I had a look arround Carrefour and bought 3 boxer shorts and then came home.

Andy mowed the lawns last night and will return in a couple of weeks. He is going to have a look in Leroy Merlin to see if they have the the bench/seat unit that I want for the proposed BBQ area now that the 2m wide path has been made (less gravel). If anyone wants building work, landscaping, swimming pool constructions and maintainance he is the person to have in this area. He is ever prepared to travel down to the coast.

Andy and Ian laid the main lawn turf and Andy and I laid the 2 meter wide lawn up to it (photo)
I have done all the rest of the landscaping by myself and have moved 30 lorry loads of earth with a bucket and spade

Above the Winter Jasmine whose scent currently wafts into the house if the front door is left open. Normal Jasmine will not survive here due to the frosts

No comments: