Sunday, January 19, 2014

Movistar (prepagodo) experience

I had a phone call on my mobile phone from this number 928731943. 

I missed it (as it only rang once) so rang back on my fixed phone and got an answering machine - Missed calls are charged by Movistar so my balance is down to 1 euro. I have only made one phone call since crediting it with 10 euros - the call was about 5 minutes (the 1004 operator confirmed that I had only made one phone call of less than 2 euros). The answer phone had to same voice as Movistar´s 1004 number - begs the question is this a fraud?

I did a Google search and found this

928731943 Las Palmas Directorio y buscador inverso gratuito de ...
www.numeroencontrado.com/928731943.htmlTranslate this page
928731943 Directorio de empresas para encontrar gratis información del ... El número de teléfono 928731943 se encuentra en impares; El código postal de la ...


 Si se trata de spam telefónico, por favor, comparte tu experiencia.
Al enviar un comentario procederás a registrar este número en nuestro foro. http://www.infotelefonica.es/928731943


How could this phone number phone me? 

I have contacted 1004 and the operator told me that I was being charged for 2 services that I had never contracted for GPRS and YAVOY - THINK THAT IT IS TIME TO LEAVE MOVISTAR

yavoy constantly sent me text messages to my mobile to which I never replied to so I never subscribed to this servic-

Are Movistar generating their own spam phone calls and charging their users for it? I don´t want to be advised of missed phone calls - what can I do about it?

2 comments:

john n said...

Reply from Movistar

Hi John, the number seems like a normal landline number so it shouldn't cause you that high expense in your credit. We can't give you more information from here but you can do a couple of things

- First, sign in into your Mi Movistar account. There your can check your invoices, calls, consumes and everything. (link: http://goo.gl/CkFFU5

- If you still see that something is wrong, you can pass through our social customer care service, we are in Twitter (@movistar_es) and Facebook (facebook.com/movistar.es), or our regular customer care service, calling to 1004.

Does this help?

Cheers!

john n said...

My reply to Movistar´s observations with Google + prevented me from posting is

Hello Movistar España

I have investigated this matter further and published here
http://itccommunicationsnet-johnnichols.blogspot.com.es/2014/01/movistar.html

I have spoken to the very helpful operation on 1004
(claim number 10795488)
After I had paid 10 euros into the account I was told that the balance was 12 euros + then another advice 22 euros +
which I believe it should be as I never use the phone, preferring to use my fixed line so that I can see what each phone call costs as there is no control on the prepaid phones.

The operator confirmed that there was only 1 phone call on the 3rd of January 2013 costing I believe 1.73 euros after which I received straight away that a call from Movistar stating that the balance was less than 3 euros. WHY

The operator put GPRS on the baja for which I had never contracted for and advised my to put Yavoy on the baja ALSO NEVER CONTRACTED FOR. I also do not wish to receive advise of MISS PHONE CALLS.

As you said the number appears to be a normal land line but the answer phone has the same voice as the Movistar 1004 voice. The first time I phoned it the operator said that they did not have a client with that number. You will see from my investigation who was the owner of that number and with due respect it gives me the impression that it is connected with Telefonica. The second investigation stated that it was a telephone number known for as originating SPAM

As a shareholder of Telefonica I am seriously thinking of bring this incident to the attention of the President of Telefonica as the balance after the ONE TELEPHONE CALL was approximately 10.27 euros not under 3 euros

This is called DECEPTION

I am seriously considering moving to ORANGE