Sunday, August 14, 2011

Castle Combe Formula Ford 1600 Championship Round 6 (2011) - On this ciruit was where I had my accident at Tower

Uploaded by on Jul 23, 2011
 

Highlights from qualifying and race for round 6 of the Castle Combe Formula Ford 1600 Championship.

An electrical fault caused me to pull off. Only for it to sort itself out once I had stopped. I got back in the race and made steady progress back up the field working my way from last to 15th. However the engine began to overheat, causing me to pull over as soon as I reached the chequered flag. This video shows all the best bits from qualifying and the race in order.




Exiting Tower corner at Castle Combe I hit two spinning cars and this Hawke (with STP sticker on its underside) landed on top of me (41)!   It was the STP sticker that got the photo of the accident the following week into  the magazine AUTOSPORT (Luckily last race of the season) - who was responsible for the sticker?  First race next year going into Beckets at Silverstone on the GP circuit in practice the  steering wheel came off into my chest, the bolts having sheared due to stress from this accident! Managed to stop in a straight line without mounting the banking
 
http://www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk/

No comments: