Friday, June 3, 2011

Villanueva del Rosario hoy - landscaping to the east of my garden

 On wednesday I bought 6 more white and lemon adelfas at the garden center in Antequera. A pick axe will not penetrate the soil (clay) so I have to build up around the plants with soil bought in - So far 30 lorry loads which I have moved with a bucket and spade. The white adelfas bordering the path which I made last year are about 3 years old.
 I put the plants about one meter apart and use the "macetas" pots to design the space. I am trying to group the plants in sixes (the number for love). The six pots in the foreground I am planning to plant with an evergreen shrub.  Beyond the new adelfas I want to plant Hypericum Calycinum which will go up between the 2 cypress trees and turn right towards the granite chip path.  I have currently taken cuttings for these.  I am trying to incorporate the natural fauna in the garden where ever possible (also see below)
 Above details of the bedding plants

Below - have not had much luck with grapes so have tried a new position in the garden for them alongside the new path that will lead to the BBQ area. If successful will purchase more

the type of picnic table that I looked for last month in Málaga without success for the BBQ area
Might have to get a quote from a carpenter friend to make one

No comments: